Including Licensed Producers in OCS Editorial Content
This curatorial process is designed to provide fair and equal opportunities for Licensed Producers (LPs) to be featured in OCS consumer-focused content. It offers LPs the opportunity for inclusion in our monthly editorial calendar (which supplements our five main yearly campaigns).
Including a wide range of LPs in OCS content not only makes it richer but also provides the diverse viewpoints needed to tell the full story of cannabis in Ontario. This is a valuable opportunity for LPs to join the conversation and help educate consumers about their brands and products.
How to Participate
The OCS will post quarterly open calls for submissions. Licensed Producers can opt in to a pool to be considered for inclusion in our monthly content within a particular quarter. Each call is posted three months out from the first month of inclusion (see calendar below) and will outline set editorial themes for the quarter.
Note: We may occasionally reach out to LPs for content opportunities that they have not submitted a request for, but we will always consider prior submissions first, with an eye to featuring a range of LPs.
Requirements for Submission
Licensed Producers must submit a form before the call deadline and provide the following information:
- Details about the specific brand(s)/product(s) you’d like to feature
- Timing: Is there a specific month within the quarter you’d like to be featured?
- Rationale as to why you want to feature this brand/product (e.g., is it new, seasonal or timely in some way?)
- Confirmation that product will be available within the selected month of inclusion. (If product is not available at time of launch we cannot feature you in our story.)
- Confirmation that you can provide requested assets (e.g., imagery, access to experts for quotes, videos)
- Confirmation that you can provide opportunities to link to content on OCS
Note: Licensed Producers may send separate submissions for each of their brands. Brands can be featured in content a maximum of twice per quarter.
Submissions will be scored using pre-set criteria.
Current/Upcoming Calls for Content
You may submit multiple entries if you wish to be considered for more than one department/month. Brands can be featured in content a maximum of twice per quarter, if selected. Our goal is to include a range of LPs, so brand inclusion will be spread out as much as possible throughout the year.
Note: All timing and departments are subject to change at the discretion of the OCS marketing team.